University Art Museum
New Mexico State University
1308 E. University Ave., Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88003
The University Art Museum is located in Devasthali Hall, near the intersection of University and Solano Avenues in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Altered COVID Hours:
The UAM is currently closed to the public and will reopen in April of 2021. Please email to schedule an appointment to view the NMSU Permanent Art Collection for study or research. For all other questions please email or call firstname.lastname@example.org/575-646-2545 .
NMSU ART MUSEUM VISITOR GUIDELINES:
The UAM has implemented the following guidelines in order to protect our visitors and staff. These guidelines are applicable to all visitors. Please read carefully:
- Once the museum reopens, all visitors must sign up for Timed Entry. Tickets are available by clicking here. Based on Governors guidelines, 10 visitors will be allowed into the museum at a time in half hour increments. Please enter the Museum on the Northeast side of Devasthali Hall and wait on the outside patio (in the shade) until your scheduled visit time. Please properly socially distance. Tickets are only good for the dates and times listed.
- All visitors and staff—except children ages two and under—are required to wear masks while visiting the UAM. Parents and guardians of children are responsible for masking children prior to entering the museum and ensuring they wear their masks at all times.
- Visitors must wash or sanitize hands before and during each visit. Sanitizing stations are available throughout the museum wing.
- Visitors are required to follow all capacity and directional guidelines throughout the museum and follow all on-site signage and guidance from UAM staff. These guidelines may include, but are not limited to one-way paths, social distancing markers, galleries capacity, hygiene etiquette, and more. Click here to view an updated map of the UAM with directional guidance.
- Visitors must refrain from touching all artwork, including any artwork previously noted as interactive for visitors (look with your eyes, not with your hands😃 Love the UAM)
- Visitors will be asked to refrain from touching frequently shared surfaces throughout the site, when possible.
- Visitors and staff are not permitted in the UAM if they or someone in their household is sick or feels ill.
- Visitors are required to practice social distancing of 6’ on-site and in all galleries. Households should stay together, including children.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from eating or drinking while in the UAM.
- The University Art Museum has 4 parking spaces available for visitors, located just outside Devasthali Hall on the Northeast side. If you are visiting and you park in one of these spaces, you must inform the docent at the museum front desk so that they can sign you in. If there are no spaces left in this visitor’s area, you can create a FREE parking permit here, print it out, and place it on your dashboard. With this permit, you are allowed to park in any space on campus as long as it is not at a meter, or in a handicapped parking space, or designated for service vehicles. You can print out a new permit up to 5 times per year.
- The UAM has adopted rigorous disinfecting procedures in all galleries and public indoor spaces, please help to do your part by following the hygiene etiquette outlined above.
We are very excited to invite you back into the brand new University Art Museum on the campus of New Mexico State University. See you soon!
Temporary Virtual Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM (please email or call to schedule a zoom based meeting)
(Please contact 575-646-2545 for immediate assistance)